deannahello

Scott Lynch, Michael Page
The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
The World According to Garp - John Irving

I have several John Irving books that I've never read. I pick them because my brother likes him, but I never get around to reading them till now. I started this a a Scridb free credit audio book. I ended up not being crazy about the site and canceling so I had to borrow a paper copy of this from a work friend. I did like it and got through the paper copy fairly fast. I was at the half way mark when I cancelled my subscription. I found Garp a little hard to take at times. Especially older Garp. He reminded me a lot of Tom from the Prince of Tides. I don't know which novel came first and I'm not looking up copy right dates right now. Needless to say I'm not a fan of Tom. I thought Garp was just to overbearing. I liked the earlier Jenny Feilds parts and maybe I would have liked this novel more if she had been the main character. I wasn't blown away, but now I'll probably move the other John Irving books I have up on my list. The Scribe audio version I listened to the first half of this book on I would not recommend. It's very dated the narrator telling you to change discs and weird long pauses between paragraphs and sometimes in the middle of the narration. It was very irritating and distracting. I'd definitely stick with the paper version I don't think Kindle has this as ebook.