deannahello

Scott Lynch, Michael Page
The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Divergent - Veronica Roth

I stayed up way too late reading this one and almost finished it the first night. I was absolutely glued to my nook. I really wanted to know what happened next. I liked Tris and Four individually and as a couple. I was relieved that Tris isn't a self described plain Jane with at least two shirtless hotties inexplicably slobbering after her.  That shit get on my nerves.

I know since the Hunger Games dystopia had become kind of the It genre, but I just don't think it's for me. I always get to the end and feel meh. Don't get me wrong the books good and mostly well written,  but depressing. Page after page of kids beating the shit out of each other, or in simulated acts of violence against their family members.

I also found the details of the the society we're a bit lacking. What goes on outside of Chicago? What happened to the cars? Where do the get petrol for the cars. Who produces the food? Where does the technology gone from? Why do they have simulators and computers, but no cell phones? Maybe these questions are cleared up in the next two books.

I'm sure I'll finish this series up sooner or later.