deannahello

Scott Lynch, Michael Page
The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
Emperor of Thorns - Mark  Lawrence

I read this trilogy over the last 10 days.  Which is pretty quick for me.  I liked them very much and what I liked far exceeded the dislike. In my humble opinion King of Thorns was  the best. My thoughts on this last installment is that it was a pretty solid ending. I liked the dead king story, however I did guess who he was fairly early on. The Chella chapters were a nice change up. I wasn't as crazy about the past chapters in this installment and felt maybe we could have skipped them this time around. I still have ambiguous feelings about Jorg. We see him grow up and right wrongs, and find redemption, but I'm still not sure I like him,  but again I still really liked the books. Over all I think this is a very solid dark fantasy series, although I would caution that it is very violent. I own Prince of fools from a sale previous to reading this trilogy. It's set in the same world, and time frame ish. Which I find confusing because this book has an afterward stating that he wouldn't continue this series. It's on my tbr list, but right now I need something lighter.