deannahello

Scott Lynch, Michael Page
The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
The Blade Itself - Joe Abercrombie

I finished this up about a week ago, I've been mulling over what I want to say about it. Full disclosure I picked this up hoping it might distract me from my obsession with a song of A Song of Ice and Fire. That wasn't the case.

It's still a really good story. I took a really long break from reading this about halfway through. Not because it wasn't entertaining. The break was a mistake. I kind of lost place of some of the minor characters and plot points.The added to my sense of confusion. So book that may not be your fault.

The good. I'm a fan of changing POVs. I'm easily distracted, and if a character has a boring or slow POV it gives a nice break. My favorite  POV's were san dan Gloka, Jezal dan Luthar, and Logen Ninefingers. Gloka was by far my favorite.

It took a little bit to get started and fleshed out which I expect in a fantasy novel. I'm also not adverse to a cliff hanger ending.

All in all it was a really good first in a series novel and sometime in the future I'll be continuing the series. Recommended for fantasy lovers.