deannahello

Scott Lynch, Michael Page
The Mists of Avalon
Marion Zimmer Bradley
The Prince of Tides - Pat Conroy

This book has very high ratings on goodreads and I can't figure out why. It was more of a 21/2 star for me. My ebook version of this book is 608 pages. I skimmed through quite a bit of that. What I skimmed where endless descriptions of nature and meals and drinks. I also skimmed most of the chapter that features Savannah's children book. Which I think wins the prize for worst children's book ever.

The characters were also a problem for me as well. While I mostly like the whole back story of the siblings growing up I had major problems with them as adults. At first I thought Savannah would be a sympathetic character, but then she ends ups railing at her brothers for liking living in the south where they grew up? Wtf? Even as a child and teenager she instigates situations that led to her brothers having to defend her.

Some people just need a high five in the face with a chair about sums up my feelings for adult Tom. I have an easier time believing a family in rural south Carolina had a pet tiger than believe two educated women wanted a relationship with this condescending douche nozzle. It's said a couple of times that Tom is a failure because he's just a teacher and coach. And here I though being an educator of youth was a noble calling.

I don't really have any stronger feelings about Luke. All the parents in this book are horrendous.

I've never seen the movie that they adapted from this book it's on to be watched list. My feelings on this book are most people love and I'm baffled.